Author Topic: Hard Error Internal Stack  (Read 7745 times)

CTMill

• Newt
Re: Hard Error Internal Stack
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
I just thought about your debugging suggestion.  If I load it, it will run without error.  I didn't have any missing parenthesis or errors.....  The problem is getting it to run without loading it first or running "off" to run it.

The first time I tried debugging, it gave an error about "rebuffering to orignal file".  Or something to that effect.  Once I did that, it worked just fine. 

Now I can't repeat that error.  I open Cad.  Fire up Vlide and set the debugging/trace/animate.  Then run the command.  All I get is the error "hard error....".  And vlide does nothing......
Civ3d/A2K16

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »
so, let me get this straight .... if you force the VLIDE to load the file, you don't have an error, but if you just try to run the program without going through the VLIDE, you have the error.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

CTMill

• Newt
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 05:20:02 PM »
You got it!  The program works, but initiating it does not without help.

Load thru Vlide = works
Load thru appload/cui = works
run "off" first = works
run it without any of the above = error
Civ3d/A2K16

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 07:03:33 PM »
ok .. now that we have finally figured out what the problem is, we can get down to resolving it ..

1) If you load the lisp via APPLOAD or the VLIDE it works. This indicates the program is working correctly
2) If you run "off" first, it works. This indicates that "off" changes something that allows "rem" to work correctly
3) If you simply run "rem" it fails ... BINGO ... this is your problem

You have one of a few distinct problems ...

either
a) "rem" is not being loaded at startup
b) you have more than one version of "rem" on the system and the wrong one is being loaded.
c) you have another lisp program already using "C:REM"
d) you have another lisp loading after "rem" loads that changes the function
e) you have an add-on that uses "rem" as its function name

To determine which affects you, there are several things you can do ...

I) Look in APPLOAD and find the lisp file that is loaded that contains "rem" ... i.e. look for your program's file name and verify that the path is pointing to the correct file.
II) At the command line type (type c:rem) ... if it says SUBR then you are at least loading the lisp, if it says nil, then c:rem isn't being loaded.
III) I see from your forum signature that you use Civil3D .. if you also utilize "Raster Entity Manipulation" then you should change the name of "rem" to something else.
IV) Without loading the program via VLIDE or APPLOAD, type the following at the command line: (C:REM) .. if it works properly, you have another program using rem as its name.

Do these and report back ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

CTMill

• Newt
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
You're awesome! 

My problems started when I upgraded to 2008.  But I also added Raster Design which I didn't have before.......   :oops:

I renamed it to m2r (move to -rem).  And it works perfectly!

Thanks for breaking it down for me! 
Civ3d/A2K16