Author Topic: Civil 3D Template  (Read 2600 times)

Dinosaur

Civil 3D Template
« on: November 11, 2005, 08:59:30 AM »
I have placed a copy of my civil 3d basic template file with annotation styles to give a traditional look specifically to our street and sewer profiles.  You can copy any of these styles into a drawing if you choose but be advised that there is layer and color information attached and they will need to be modified to your specific requirements.  I have found the best practice is to place them into an empty drawing with only standard styles defined to do any modifications to eliminate putting unwanted layers and style names in your template.
Here are screen shots of my profiles using these styles:

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Civil 3D Template
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 09:15:18 AM »
BIG "thank you" from here.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

Re: Civil 3D Template
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 12:46:06 PM »
Your welcome, Mark.  Most of the styles won't do exactly what anyone else is looking for but at least they may give them a better start than I had.  The standard styles provided are so far from what everyone else is used to seeing I think it is hampering the program's acceptance.  I remember others mumbling in the training I took about how their engineers would never sign off on plans that looked like those generated with the standard settings and styles.  The last I heard, that group had still not deployed the program.  Once you see that the output can still look like the plan reviewers and surveyors are used to seeing, a major stumbling block goes away.  One other note to anyone using these styles . . . most of them are dependent on drawing settings that are in the dwt file if you want similar output, so I would again stress that they should be put into a test drawing first for evaluation and any modifications before introduction into your template.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 08:42:37 PM by Dinosaur »