Author Topic: AutoCAD 2023 does not load the Lisps entered in the Startup Suite  (Read 3911 times)

57gmc

• Bull Frog
Re: AutoCAD 2023 does not load the Lisps entered in the Startup Suite
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2022, 01:03:50 PM »
In the reg code I supplied, TID_Startup.dll is a .NET utility that loads the partial cui that has an mnl with it. You don't use the reg to load a lisp.

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2022, 10:31:27 PM »
Making a bundle is super easy and as name suggest I have one with like 118 and 178 files in the 2 main directories. You just need a sample to start with I just found that I just edited the xml to suit, hopefully the screen shots give more info, if stuck PM me with a email link.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 10:35:56 PM by BIGAL »
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2022, 06:45:25 AM »
Making a bundle is super easy and as name suggest I have one with like 118 and 178 files in the 2 main directories. You just need a sample to start with I just found that I just edited the xml to suit, hopefully the screen shots give more info, if stuck PM me with a email link.

Hi mulo,
thanks for your help!
Your suggestion works, now I just need to implement it and merge with my installation procedure  :-)

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2022, 07:10:38 AM »

Initially it seemed the right solution, but unfortunately it seems that inside the linked LISP file I cannot use the CUILOAD and CUIUNLOAD functions.
Due to this I am forced to review the whole installation procedure: cry:
Too bad and all this due to an AutoCAD 2023 bug in the star suite :tickedoff:

It appears that the bug only occurs on AutoCAD 2023 installations on blank PCs with no other AutoCAD versions installed.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 09:54:36 AM »
Why do you insist on using the startup suite? I think I was told about 20 years ago NOT to load lisps that way.  :-D

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2022, 10:03:38 AM »
Why do you insist on using the startup suite? I think I was told about 20 years ago NOT to load lisps that way.  :-D

Because I have been using it without problems for 20 years, no customers have reported any problems.
My installer goes through various processes to allow the software to function properly and changing even just how the CUI file is loaded means taking days to make sure everything is working properly.

57gmc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 10:38:19 AM »
Too bad and all this due to an AutoCAD 2023 bug in the star suite :tickedoff:

It appears that the bug only occurs on AutoCAD 2023 installations on blank PCs with no other AutoCAD versions installed.
Are you sure?? I reported to you that I did a fresh install of 2023 and it worked for me. Maybe you should open a ticket with adesk support to resolve the issue with the bad pc?
As to the fix, I (and I assume Ron) can still recommend using an mnl. It can be easily loaded and unloaded via .NET instead of CUILOAD. If you want, I can share my code for the dll. Then, all your old code has to do is set the dll to autoload using the registry key I gave you.

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2022, 01:15:42 AM »
Yes, I am sure.
For my tests I use a virtual machine with Windows 10 64 bit virgin, no other software installed.
I install AutoCAD 2023 from scratch and the start suite doesn't work.
With the same procedure, on the same cleaned virtual machine, but a previous version of AutoCAD it works correctly.
On another (work) pc where I have various AutoCAD and other software, it works correctly.

I don't use .NET but only LISP and OpenDCL.
I solved my problem with "PackageContents.xml" however I haven't finished my tests yet.

Thanks for your help.

57gmc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2022, 11:36:08 AM »
Well, glad you got it working, but I would still open a ticket, just to report the issue.
You can also submit a bug, or product feedback here. But you won't necessarily get any confirmation.

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2022, 05:32:31 AM »
Well, glad you got it working, but I would still open a ticket, just to report the issue.
You can also submit a bug, or product feedback here. But you won't necessarily get any confirmation.

I will do it