Author Topic: Datum Elev @ 0 on all cross sections  (Read 2218 times)

CTMill

• Newt
Datum Elev @ 0 on all cross sections
« on: July 21, 2006, 03:38:12 PM »
Is there a fix?  A co-worker is experiencing this and I thought I'd try to help.  Let me know if you find anything , PLEASE!!!!

maybe this will help:

Is there a way to manually override the datum of cross sections? If I right click and choose section properties it shows my datum at -20 and I can't change it. It needs to be at 6700.

Also, if anyone knows why it selects the datum to be at 20 below zero instead of twenty below my assembly elevation please let me know.

The above text was copied from an autodesk thread.  Their problem is the same as ours.

In the other thread it was suggested that the sampling maybe too big for the surface, therefore causing this glitch.  What do you think?

Thanks for your help!

civ3d 06 all hotfixes and sp's
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 03:56:23 PM by CTMill »
Civ3d/A2K16

drizzt

Re: Datum Elev @ 0 on all cross sections
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 06:10:50 PM »
In LDD 2000 datum elevation in a cross section is an option during insert, and must be re-inserted to adjust. Or you could just edit the attribute for the datum text and move manually.

CTMill

• Newt
Re: Datum Elev @ 0 on all cross sections
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 11:58:20 AM »
In LDD 2000 datum elevation in a cross section is an option during insert, and must be re-inserted to adjust. Or you could just edit the attribute for the datum text and move manually.

Thanks for the help, but this was done in Civ3d 06.

One reply from the autodesk thread suggested to resample using a smaller swath because the surface is too small.  We'll try that and see where it gets us.  I'll try to update this IF it works.

We found the problem and solution.  The individual had two separate corridors and only one set of sample lines!!!  Don't ask why......I have no clue!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:20:31 PM by CTMill »
Civ3d/A2K16