Author Topic: New linetype  (Read 2137 times)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
New linetype
« on: September 04, 2008, 07:45:25 AM »
Is it possible to create a linetype that looks like the attached image?

Many thanks in advance
T :-)
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

sinc

Re: New linetype
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:22:02 AM »
Yes, but the little diagonal slashes would need to be done with a shape.  Have you ever created a compiled shape file?  It's relatively simple.  When I did something similar, I found everything I needed in the Help.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »
Thanks for your reply sinc.
I have created shape files before (though I usually try to avoid using them)

I cant get my head around how I'd get the diagonal line to be able to go thru the mid points of each line and the middle of the text...  maybe I'm overthinking this.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »
It can be alot of trial and error .. I generally start with something close then edit it to suit my needs.

I did this one in a few minutes .. it probably isn't the most efficient way, but it is close ...

Code: [Select]
*EXLT, -- EX/LT ----/----LT/EX----/----LT/EX----/----LT/EX----/----LT/EX----/----LT/EX----/----
A,.2,-.4,["EX LT",standard,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.325,Y=-.05],-.2,.5,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.1,R=-45.0,x=-0.8],.1,[TRACK1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.1,R=-45.0,x=-.15],.1

You shouldn't have to make a shape as there is already a shape defined as TRACK1 in the ltypeshp.shx file, you only need to rotate it -45 degrees to make it look like what you want ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
Thanks a bunch Keith. I was overthinking it! I'd not considered using a shape from the Autocad shapes :)

What I was doing is using a "/" with the normal text font... your way is much better

T :-)

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 10:18:01 AM »
Also/Maybe can be done with dynamic blocks (I don't know much about DB's) but it won't depend on the LTSCALE - here they use the insulation linetype and many times someone change the ltscale and those linetypes simple do not show on the plots.... well just in case...

Attached it is a super mickey mouse db....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:21:23 AM by LE »

Alan Cullen

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »
Jonesy...If my memory serves me correct.......I'm sure there is an FAQ on this...maybe not published yet....but there none the less. You have access to that area...go check it out...or ask Tiger. Otherwise, I am only too happy to walk you through the process.  :angel: