Author Topic: How do you make legends?  (Read 3760 times)

Serge J. Gianolla

Re: How do you make legends?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »
Looks like it is just as I suspected, there is no meat in the sandwich! Tables are not as efficent as they are made up to be when one's after more juicy stuff. :evil:

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 05:41:44 PM »
[...]
Inserting a block in a cell doesn't call up any of the visibilities!! Waste of time or you are going to show me the way? :-)
[...]
Yes. I solved this with separate block definitions that have a nested version of the dynamic block. The block names of those blocks are the same as the visibility state of the nested dynamic block.
This way it's easy to replace the block in a cell and the visibility state can still be changed where this is necessary.

We import the table with all blocks already in it, so this works for us.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Thanks for that Crank, seems to be a long way but I'll give it a shot.

How would you go around re-creating numerous blocks each time though?
We want flexibility in "simple" blocks created on layer "0" so they will accept colour, linetype parameters... of the hosting layer

Blockname PIT with visibilities Type1, Type2... Type5.

Type2 will be on many layers, Existing as well as Electrical layer, Communications layer...
In the table legend, blocks [visibility?] would have to be consistant colourwise...
Does my explaining make sense?

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
It isn't possible to change the color or layer of a block in a table. If you want to use this like I described, but also with different colors, then you would have to make extra versions of the block for every color.

With so many block definitions I think it would be better/easier to place a normal dynamic block over an empty cell and change the visibility/layer for the same result.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Crank,
thanx for your reply.

It seems we would have to do that for linetypes as well! Don't know what you think about it but it does not appear to have been thought thru :-o as a tool probably good enough for simple legends!

The amount of replies in itself is deafening LOL  :-D

wwhittle

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 06:13:46 AM »
Tables !?

Thats an interesting Idea.

I might put that forward at our next CAD Workshop.

We just have standard ones saved, and edited for each job.