Author Topic: My workplace messed up  (Read 2673 times)

rktect3j

My workplace messed up
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:18:11 PM »
We have set everybodies cad station to be identical.  SO I was messin around and hit the icon for "my workplace" which changed the whole look of the screen/layout.  So I pressed the icon for "autocad classic" but what pops back up is the original set up from outocad. 

So the question is, how do I get back to the original settings we put on here without having to go through it toolbar by toolbar,etc?

Josh Nieman

Re: My workplace messed up
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »
did you save the workplace you used to have, to anything?

Surely if they're all set up to be identical, then someone saved the workplace somehow.

rktect3j

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:59:15 PM »

Surely if they're all set up to be identical, then someone saved the workplace somehow.

Nobody knew to save it.  We are coming from acad 2002.  So If I can get on another machine and save the settings in workspace how do I bring that over to my station?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:48:40 AM »

Nobody knew to save it.  We are coming from acad 2002.  So If I can get on another machine and save the settings in workspace how do I bring that over to my station?

Get them to save it to the server somewhere (in a location where someone would know to look for it if this happens again) and then ... hmm... i forget where the workspaces are saved, by default... you might want to find that out... oh nevermind, I found it

It's part of the CUI.  If you can get someone to save a partial CUI maybe... man... someone with more experience editing the CUI is going to have to answer before I go on a 'hunch' and mess you up more.

rktect3j

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
Thanks Josh,  we have now saved our workspace and using the magration tool were able to bring back the settings for my station.  All of us have now got a saved version for our office standard.

Boy its fun jumping into a new version.  :roll: