Author Topic: Can a dwg in color be changed to b&w using CTB to define the line thickness  (Read 1239 times)

SKUI_BREAKER

the goal here is to   USE a CTB TO TURN a CADD FILE IN TO drawing with BLACK AND WHITE LINEs and have the same THICKNESSes THAT were specified in the ctb applied in cad to each color of the line.  :?

to further simplify what i am talking about

lets say i printed a cad file back into a cad file use a ctb to assign thickness and possible different shade of gray

the end product is a drawing with white & gray lines that have been assigned the same thicknesses and screening they would have gotten if i had sent them to a printer.

For ex. i have a cad file and ctb i have acquired from someone else and i want to use their drawing as a background  but i want to take all the color out of it. cause i am going to go back over it with my own colors and layers.  i want my work to stand out,but i still want the background to have its original layers.

(side note :and yes i know you can lock the background as an xref and that will fade the background in model space but when it prints out it will still use my ctb to define the colors that were left in the background.)          (sorry bout the caps i pasted it from google)

qwrtz

I often do what you're talking about, but I don't think there's any built-in, automatic way to make that transformation. I do it with lisp routines.

And I don't know how to get Lisp to read CTB settings, so I have to manually read the color-to-lineweight mappings by using the CTB viewer, and then manually put them in the lisp routine.

And of course I have to alter the routine any time I get a drawing using a different CTB file.