Author Topic: Reference and General Notes Placement  (Read 1973 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
Reference and General Notes Placement
« on: August 02, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »
Ok, I have developed a routine that does the following:
  • Places the first set of notes 0.5" from the top of the border and 0.25" from the right hand side of the border. Unless the corner is on a detail box, then the distances are half.[\li]
    • Places the second set of notes 0.5" below that (1/2 the space if in a detail box)
    • Makes the width of the notes 3.5"
    • Places the appropriate numbers next to the notes. (My blocks are Bubbles next to the Reference notes and Diamonds next to the General Notes)
    Note: You will need to change the Layers and Blocks, which are remarked in the attached LISP file, to your standards.

I am mostly posting this code to get input as to how it could be further streamlined to make it run faster. This is till faster than doing it by hand, but due to the zooms that I have to do, it definitely slows things down.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Reference and General Notes Placement
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
You can speed it up by turning off automatic regens.  (SETVAR "REGENMODE" 0)
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
Hmm.....good thought, I was hoping someone might have a way that I wouldn't need to zoom.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
Hmm.....good thought, I was hoping someone might have a way that I wouldn't need to zoom.
Why are you zooming, and what are you zooming to?
And or why not use a Saved Model space view, and Model Views from SSM to place a view of these notes on the page?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
Why are you zooming, and what are you zooming to?
And or why not use a Saved Model space view, and Model Views from SSM to place a view of these notes on the page?
I am zooming out in order to get it to notice the blank spaces correctly (still not sure why zoom matters for that, but it definitely does).

As for using saved Model Space view, well, the notes are put in paper space and are different on every sheet, so placing in Modelspace really isn't a good idea when some of our drawings can have 10+ tabs for 10 different sheets (of one site plan for example).