Author Topic: Attaching attributes  (Read 1236 times)

Fish

Attaching attributes
« on: June 05, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
Do any of you know if you can attach an attribute to an item, such as lines, circles or 3D objects? I don't want to make a block of the object and attribute, thats not really working for me. I downloaded some third party trial software regarding attributes and they were able to attach attributes to an object without block creation.

Arizona

Re: Attaching attributes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 10:44:03 AM »
Microstation can do this :-)

Hangman

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »
Microstation can do this :-)

Of course, microstation.  Should've known.  I've been hoping the system would go the way of the dodo bird, but alas, I fear it won't.

Do any of you know if you can attach an attribute to an item, such as lines, circles or 3D objects?

I've been wondering this myself lately, I need to create a gridline with the number of the gridline somewhere's in the middle of the line.
the only thing I've come up with so far is grouping.  Doesn't work the way I need it, but it's all I've got.
Hangman  8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drafting Board, Mechanical Arm, KOH-I-NOOR 0.7mm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deegeecees

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »
Do any of you know if you can attach an attribute to an item, such as lines, circles or 3D objects? I don't want to make a block of the object and attribute, thats not really working for me. I downloaded some third party trial software regarding attributes and they were able to attach attributes to an object without block creation.

Xdata can do this. I may be giving you information that you already know.