Author Topic: -Etransmit - Setup from command line?  (Read 4037 times)

KewlToyZ

-Etransmit - Setup from command line?
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »
I'm looking through -etransmit, am I wrong or is there no option to create a package type and settings from the command line?
AutoCAD MEP 2012

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Re: -Etransmit - Setup from command line?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »
I never stumbled across settings, but I use this to quickly etrans my active drawing...

Code: [Select]
(defun c:eTrans nil
  (command "_.qsave"
           "_.-etransmit"
           "_c"
           (strcat (getvar 'dwgprefix)
                   (vl-filename-base (getvar 'dwgname))
                   ".zip"
           )
  )
  (princ)
)
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

KewlToyZ

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
Thanks for the response!
Yeah that runs it, But, I'm trying to standardize a simple routine so I can enforce the format of [Standard] without re-issuing the profile completely. Started looking through sysvars, but they appear to have no effect on the etransmit [Standard].  Seems strange to have the "-etransmit" command available without the ability to create a custom form of the transmittal through the command. I guess they never got around to it.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

irneb

• Water Moccasin
  • ACad R9-2016, Revit Arch 6-2016
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:50:34 AM »
As for the transmittal setups, they're saved in registry. E.g. with Vanilla 2011 in XP:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9001:409\ETransmit\setups

Each subfolder under that is a transmittal setup with all its settings. So to "port" one of these to another PC you could export one of those folders from windows' regedit into a REG file. Then a double click on that file would "import" it into your registry. If you want to "automate" that process through lisp, you could try using the startapp function to start the regedit.exe program with that REG file - that "should" merge the settings into your registry.
Common sense - the curse in disguise. Because if you have it, you have to live with those that don't.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
Thank you sir. Too many workarounds there with XP & 7 plus 32 & 64 bit variations  :-o
I think I may just go about it through wblock or -ExportToAutoCAD to simplify things for myself  :ugly: