Author Topic: Drawing Index that's automated?  (Read 3256 times)

StykFacE

Drawing Index that's automated?
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »
Just seeing if this exists already. We are finally implementing a Sheet Index page (usually known as the M0.00 page) that has General Notes, Symbol Legend, General Information, and a Drawing Index Chart completed with issue dates and revision delta tracking. Does anyone use or have a program (or just any general tips in general) on how to automate the process for the Drawing Index Table? So if we're in a certain layout tab, and add a date for a revision, can it be updated via use of FIELDs or some other method? Just wondering. Thanks in advance to all who reply.  :lol:

- Tannar

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Drawing Index that's automated?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
Just seeing if this exists already. We are finally implementing a Sheet Index page (usually known as the M0.00 page) that has General Notes, Symbol Legend, General Information, and a Drawing Index Chart completed with issue dates and revision delta tracking. Does anyone use or have a program (or just any general tips in general) on how to automate the process for the Drawing Index Table? So if we're in a certain layout tab, and add a date for a revision, can it be updated via use of FIELDs or some other method? Just wondering. Thanks in advance to all who reply.  :lol:

- Tannar

Sheet Set Manager can create a table of all of the drawings in the sheet set.  That might work for you.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

StykFacE

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »
Sheet Set Manager can create a table of all of the drawings in the sheet set.  That might work for you.
Thanks for the tip, I will look into that. I didn't know that the SSM had these capabilities, however some guys are running LT, and some others are running older full versions before SSM came about. Definitely will look into that though, for when we all get upgraded in the future. Thanks....!

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:59:38 AM »
Take a look at this & the link within the thread.
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=22758.0
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I will look into that. I didn't know that the SSM had these capabilities, however some guys are running LT, and some others are running older full versions before SSM came about. Definitely will look into that though, for when we all get upgraded in the future. Thanks....!
All you need to do is right-click on the Sheet Set name and select INSERT SHEET LIST TABLE.  But you have to have a drawing open that is associated with the sheet set.
Autodesk Expert Elite

StykFacE

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
CAB, Reaper, thanks a bunch guys. I will play around with both of them.

And Reaper I never knew this existed in SSM, and I know that I use SSM almost every time with one particular engineer so it will definitely come in handy in some areas.  8-)

StykFacE

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:56:32 AM »
Another quick question:

Even though some of our guys are running older versions of AutoCAD that does not support SSM, I still think I can semi automate this process via FIELD's within a Table. Do you know which FIELD option I can use to label each Layout Tab? I know the CTAB System Variable pulls the text for the current Layout Tab, but I would like to call each one within a Table so that at least the Sheet Numbering can be taken care of. Thanks again for the help. :)

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
Another quick question:

Even though some of our guys are running older versions of AutoCAD that does not support SSM, I still think I can semi automate this process via FIELD's within a Table. Do you know which FIELD option I can use to label each Layout Tab? I know the CTAB System Variable pulls the text for the current Layout Tab, but I would like to call each one within a Table so that at least the Sheet Numbering can be taken care of. Thanks again for the help. :)

I don't think you can...  :|  At least not without some special coding.
Autodesk Expert Elite

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:09:52 AM »
Maybe this thread can help, if you don't have enough to read already.
[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8661.0 ]
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 01:50:17 PM »
Maybe this thread can help, if you don't have enough to read already.
[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8661.0 ]

Here is an example of what Tim's routine will do: see file enclosed.
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

StykFacE

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 02:12:55 PM »
Man that is exactly what I need.... GDF/Willey, does this routine export as a TXT file? Or is this a table that is created within a Layout in AutoCAD??

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
Man that is exactly what I need.... GDF/Willey, does this routine export as a TXT file? Or is this a table that is created within a Layout in AutoCAD??
Hopefully Gary will be back to answer, as I don't use the program.  I can look at the code when I get a minute, but he should be able to answer quicker.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »
If I looked at the corect lisp, yes to the text file.
Code: [Select]
  (startapp "notepad.exe" (strcat DirPath "\\SheetIndex02.txt"))
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

Yes, both to a text file and a excel file. I only use the text file...as per example that I posted.
The routine reads each drawing in the sellected directory by way of objectdbx reading the tiltle block attributes of each sheet:

drawing title
drawing number
date
revision delta number (with date)
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64