Author Topic: I'm in 2006, but I wanna AutoSAVE to 2002....  (Read 3344 times)

SaMo2

Re: I'm in 2006, but I wanna AutoSAVE to 2002....
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 10:48:26 AM »

That's simply a reminder that if you send the drawing to someone else and they say "I can't see <some feature or other>, it's missing from the drawing!", then you should ask them "Do you have PROXYSHOW set to 1?"
 ^-^

OK, so proxy info is mainly about spreadsheets and tables?
What kind of proxy graphic is so common that I might actually end up shafting some ACAD2000 user by altering my ADT2006 Open&Save default?
-
And should I just ignore the warnings? It sounds like this is a much less dangerous issue than it sounded initially... correct?

Thanks for all of the input you guys!

-SaMo2

Kate M

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 12:49:36 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think mtext with tabs become proxy objects too.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 04:19:10 PM »

That's simply a reminder that if you send the drawing to someone else and they say "I can't see <some feature or other>, it's missing from the drawing!", then you should ask them "Do you have PROXYSHOW set to 1?"
 ^-^

OK, so proxy info is mainly about spreadsheets and tables?
What kind of proxy graphic is so common that I might actually end up shafting some ACAD2000 user by altering my ADT2006 Open&Save default?
-
And should I just ignore the warnings? It sounds like this is a much less dangerous issue than it sounded initially... correct?

Thanks for all of the input you guys!

-SaMo2
For base ACAD you should be more or less OK, the warning you are getting is about your ADT objects though.  Basically what it is saying, I think, is that saving to 2000 may well screw up some of the ADT objects.

SaMo2

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 07:33:37 PM »
Hmmmmm....

Doesn't AutoDesk hand out little Object Enabler patches to eliminate the communcations issues inherent in the ACAD-to-ADT interchange?
Maybe I should get one of them there downloads....

:ugly: