Author Topic: Block Attribute Extraction Programs  (Read 3170 times)

CottageCGirl

Re: Block Attribute Extraction Programs
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
I don't know much about the program we use, it was written long before me, but we use ATTEXT....

CADaver

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »
I don't know much about the program we use, it was written long before me, but we use ATTEXT....
Give EATTEXT a try, it's dialog driven and doesn't require a template.  You can save and use templates if you wish.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 04:27:21 PM »
I tried using the built in attribute extraction and while it extracts the data fine I didn't see any formatting there. I wanted my columns in a specific order and the only way I found to do this was to prefix the tag names with 01,02,03

Not true... You can move the columns around when you use EATTEXT-just click and drag.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
yeah i figured out that you could drag the columns to the order you want but i have about 20 columns and still that can get annoying even if i can save it to a template afterwards. I haven't actually done anything with this in a few days as I had deadlines to meet but I have gotten alot of useful info I will apply when I get a moment.  Thanks guys will keep you posted.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Give EATTEXT a try, it's dialog driven and doesn't require a template.  You can save and use templates if you wish.
I  actually run ATTEXT and give to file to someone else who's program filters the info for ordering within our system which is not really compatible w/ ACAD....but when (.....well..if ) I get some time, I will give it a try

Thanks