Author Topic: toolbars. No this is not your typical question.  (Read 4799 times)

VerticalMojo

toolbars. No this is not your typical question.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 01:49:24 PM »
I recently have everybody on a network toolbar as well. Ive had no problems with it so far. I have a folder that I have access to only. It contains the mns, that way if someone tries to customize it then it wont let'em, but I can update the toolbars whenever I want. Now as far as the location of the toolbars that just depends where they are on my ACAD! Muhahahaha!  :twisted:

daron

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 08:18:29 AM »
So, your saying you load the mnc file from the network on their computer, but only have the mns file on yours. I'll have to try that. Thanks VM.

Ron, how do you demand load the files to their computers? I don't want to have to manually do this.

Cadaver, thanks for the hints. For the most part that is what I suspect. Hadn't thought of the middle of screen float_show. I just thought it was one of those annoying things that Autodesk liked to do.

CADaver

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 09:14:15 AM »
Quote from: Daron
Cadaver, thanks for the hints. For the most part that is what I suspect. Hadn't thought of the middle of screen float_show. I just thought it was one of those annoying things that Autodesk liked to do.
Glad to help.  We load everything from the network, except the personal.mn?, because we use the <whatevermenu>.MNL to load client specific controls.  The MNL needs to reside in the same directory as the MNC for it to autoload with the menu.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 11:40:55 AM »
Daron,

I have a batch file run at startup (I distributed this via email initially and have it linked to a log file so I could make sure everyone ran it):

Copies to startup:
Code: [Select]
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\Auto_Update.bat" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\"/R/S/I/Y/K/D/Q

Makes sure support paths are right and copies all of the latest files to users computer:
regedit /S  "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\SupportPaths.reg"
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\aqua.mns" "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\SUPPORT\*"/R/S/I/Y/K/D/Q
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\aqua.dll" "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\SUPPORT\*"/R/S/I/Y/K/Q
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\acad.dvb" "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\Lisp\*"/R/S/I/Y/K/D/Q
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Lisp\*.*" "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\LISP\*"/R/S/I/Y/K/D/Q
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\acad.lsp" "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\*"/R/S/I/Y/K/D/Q
xcopy "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\acaddoc.lsp" "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\*"/R/S/I/Y/K/D/Q

This appends time and user to a log file:
net time  >>  "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\Update Lisp Routines\Update-Lisp-Routines.log"
net name  >>  "S:\AutoCAD 2002\Workstation New Installs\Update Lisp Routines\Update-Lisp-Routines.log"

This was my resource for creating this file:

http://www.computerhope.com/xcopyhlp.htm

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC