Author Topic: textmask and pdfs  (Read 4581 times)

Bob Wahr

Re: textmask and pdfs
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 05:58:53 PM »
I use Adobe Pro 6.0 and this is what I found works. Use the textmask (Express->Text Mask), enter 'm' for masktype, 's' for solid and set the color to 255. Then select said text. You will notice that it is "shaded" white (color 255 to be exact). Regen the drawing, and you will now see your text surrounded by the wipeout boundary. Hope this helps and hope it works. It does for me.

Please let me know if it works for anyone else.

Pete
This ios more or less what I do.  with the exception of the solid.  Set the wipeout color to some color that you don't use for anything else (I also use 255) and in your pen table, set 255 to 0% screen and you should be fine.

Mark, I use PDFCreator also and wipeouts print black from PDFs for me.  I know you said that you're not actually using textmask but could you try PDFing a sheet with a wipeout and see if it prints black.  If not, I want to talk settings with you.

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Re: textmask and pdfs
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 06:29:01 PM »
you know, thats the most common response i get for this textmask thing...buts its more like working around and cutting corners in a way. but it does work..but for another person who picks up the drawing and decides to make more textmasks will endup making the same mistake. i just want to wipe and it never worry about changing colors or anything...i been having so much trouble with wipeout because i have a whole bunch of textmask/wipeouts all over this drawing that is so currupted and filled with information. wipeouts/textmasks make it look clean..but when i send my 120 files to reprographics they endup printing 120 files with big black boxes. this especially happens when using xerox machines.