Author Topic: arranging layers  (Read 1807 times)

Qwest

arranging layers
« on: October 29, 2004, 07:10:35 AM »
Hi there...

Still having a bit of trouble with AutoCad... i've drawn in some cable at High Level, and some at Low Level, however, the cable's cross each other, and the low level cable is shown on top of the high level stuff.

Is there anyway i can move the high level cable and make it shown above the low level cable?

hendie

arranging layers
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 07:26:45 AM »
By default, objects are drawn in the order they are created. DRAWORDER changes the display order of objects, moving one in front of another, for example.
Ordering ensures proper display and plotting output when two or more objects overlay one another. An example of when ordering may be necessary is when a raster image is drawn over existing objects, obscuring them from view.

To change the drawing order of an object

1   Select the objects whose drawing order you want to change.
2   From the Tools menu, choose Display Order.
3   Select Bring to Front or Send to Back to indicate the drawing order of the selected objects. Or, select Bring Above Object or Send Under Object to select the object you want to move above or below.

Command line  DRAWORDER

Qwest

arranging layers
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 07:31:28 AM »
That's great Hendie!... Thank you :D

• Bull Frog
arranging layers
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 02:00:22 PM »
You could also create a custom button and insert the following code. this will erase the selected objects and re insert them. Because they were created last they will be on top.
Code: [Select]
^C^C_select;_auto;\_copy;_p;;0,0;@;_erase;_p;;
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

CADaver

Re: arranging layers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 02:17:25 PM »
Quote from: Qwest
Hi there...

Still having a bit of trouble with AutoCad... i've drawn in some cable at High Level, and some at Low Level, however, the cable's cross each other, and the low level cable is shown on top of the high level stuff.

Is there anyway i can move the high level cable and make it shown above the low level cable?

ummm....

3D?

nah, too easy.