Author Topic: Lee Mac- Tmask Bug  (Read 1830 times)

cgeorg13

Lee Mac- Tmask Bug
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
Hey Lee Mac,
wasn't sure how to go about sending this to you but I wanted to point it out and let you know about a little bug I found in your TMask routine where you can pass in the intended parameters.

I think i got enough information in the .gif but if you cant recreate it then let me know and I can provide more info!

This may be a bug you were aware about and may not be able to be fixed due to the DXF codes but I figured id throw it out there to let you know!

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Lee Mac- Tmask Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 03:54:08 PM »
Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I'll look to investigate the issue as time permits.

cgeorg13

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 06:51:50 AM »
Not a problem! I'll look into it and see what I can find if I get some time as well.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
I don't understand why TMASK is needed for mleader entities?

cgeorg13

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 08:18:04 AM »
I don't understand why TMASK is needed for mleader entities?
You can only turn on/off a default 1.5 offset background mask on mleader entities, with TMASK you can designate a smaller/bigger background offset relative to preference.

Having a mask when using mleaders for elevation profiles with a grid background, just makes the callout more readable.

danallen

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »
Lee - assuming this discussion is about your MaskV1-3.lsp ( http://www.lee-mac.com/mask.html), if you're putting this on a future todo list, would be great to fix bug I found in Bricscad v15.3 - using command on dimensions with rounding DIMRND override results in error below and clearing of the override.

Code: [Select]
: MASK

Select mtext, mleaders or dimensions:
Entities in set: 1

Invalid ResBuf with DimensionStyle data
AcDbRotatedDimension(229)

Thank you for sharing this command!

Dan

Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I'll look to investigate the issue as time permits.