Author Topic: ( C3D 2008 ) Points and custom markers  (Read 2531 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
( C3D 2008 ) Points and custom markers
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:29:19 AM »
In the 2007 version of C3D when you used a custom marker ( block ) the leader arrow would start outside the block now in 2008 the arrow head starts at the point coordinates. At least that's what I'm seeing, anyone else?

TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

sinc

Re: ( C3D 2008 ) Points and custom markers
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:47 AM »
I think that was in response to user complaints.  In areas with lots of points, it was frequently difficult to tell which point was referenced by which leader, especially when the point marker was something like an 'X', or something like a sign post.

Personally, I like this way better, but I can see how the old way would be better in some cases.  If it's possible to still use the old way, I don't know how.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:10:01 AM »
Thanks for the response sinc. I can use them as is, so long as the custom marker isn't larger than the arrowhead. BTW, C3D still has problems with a solid hatch in a custom marker. The one shown in the screen shot should be solid.

MMccall

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 11:15:07 AM »
It might be possible to use a custom leader arrow, one with an offset insertion point, so it'll insert back from the tip of the leader.  The leader line will most likely still go to the center of the point, which is no big deal for solid symbols but might be an issue for open ones.  The open symbol might be able to blot out the tip of the leader but I'm not sure of the draw order between the custom symbol and the leader.

just a thought

sinc

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:47 PM »
Thanks for the response sinc. I can use them as is, so long as the custom marker isn't larger than the arrowhead. BTW, C3D still has problems with a solid hatch in a custom marker. The one shown in the screen shot should be solid.

Are you sure it's a solid hatch?

The only time I've seen that problem is when the symbol is drawn using a polyline with a set width (aka a DONUT).  Polyline widths do not scale in point markers (this is probably a bug).

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:19:20 PM »

Are you sure it's a solid hatch?
OOP's .... nope it was a donut. Just tried a solid hatch and it worked fine.
<Emily Litella> never mind ... </>

sinc

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
Been there, done that...  :-D

So far, I've been able to get around the issue because I use polylines with widths very rarely.  They really should fix that polyline width problem, though - quite a few of those blocks that come from Autodesk use polylines instead of hatches.