Author Topic: Change the default file name of files that use Adesk's "DWG to PDF.pc3"  (Read 6258 times)

JCTER

Got this request from the 'cad pro' at another company we work with, who couldn't find anything, and the intertubes seemed to lead nowhere for both of us.  Many people apparently have this problem as well.

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\Drv\pdfplot10.hdi"

That's the driver is says it's using but it's a compiled bunch of gibberish as far as I can see.  7zip was able to unpack it but the components are equally gibberish to me and anything I opened it with, which is basically just text readers.

To the best of my figuring, there is nowhere in the GUI properties of the .pc3 file "DWG to PDF.pc3" where you can change the file name.  Most PDF drivers have this as a standard setting you can change, whether you want it to be file name, date, whatever; they have general variables you can use.  Autodesk seems to not have this foresight, unless I am missing something.

Does anyone know what possible options I may have for appearing to be a wise and knowledgeable know-it-all and solve this problem for him?

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Re: Change the default file name of files that use Adesk's "DWG to PDF.pc3"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »
Are you talking about how the driver (PC3) names the PDF files?  Or the Name of the Driver itself?  Me confused.

If you are talking the former, you can force the name using the command line version of the plotting process.  I use Lisp to drive this process.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

JCTER

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »
Yea, I'm talking about the filename of the PDF it produces.

I'll have to check into how it goes on the command line.  I am at home now, so it'll wait until tomorrow.  Thanks for the tip.

dbroada

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 04:45:20 AM »
I create a script file to batch plot whenever possible. This uses the -PLOT command line plot and as stated above, gives the option of renaming the output. The following is a snippet from the batch file (if you are interested  :-D )

Code: [Select]
open
"p:\Design_Office\ASM20068\ASM20068-01-WD-0004-03.dwg"
plot
y
Model
DWG to PDF.pc3
ISO A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)
m
l
n
e
F
C
y
STL Mono.ctb
y
AS
"p:\Design_Office\ASM20068\ASM20068-01-WD-0004-03.dwg.PDF"
n
y

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »
Can't you just copy that .pc3 and change the name???

Did i misunderstand the ?
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016