Author Topic: Tool Palettes  (Read 2852 times)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Tool Palettes
« on: July 22, 2004, 09:03:27 AM »
Does anyone know anything about these Tool Pallets? More specifically, how to create one from scratch. (And don’t tell me to "drag and drop!!!" I’m talking about one from scratch ...my own.)

Where are they stored, (I heard they are only XML) how do I implement a custom one? Any info would be appreciated.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Tool Palettes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 09:25:06 AM »
Try customize then click on the Tool Palettes tab. Right click in the window on your right, New Group, Drag any tool palette from the left window to the new folder on the right. Basically RTFM you big dummy. :D

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Land Desktop 2005\R16.1\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes

Yes they are xml.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Andrew H

Tool Palettes
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 12:28:37 PM »
I also use this method...

Design Center
Navigate to the locate where my standard blocks are located
Right click on the folder they live in and click the "Create Tool Palette" options which works very well.

Also, you can group the different tool palettes together.
Right click on the tool palette box, click Customize, in the right hand side of the dialog box, right click and select group.

This allows you to only show what tool palettes you want (so you don't have to show them all).

In my case I have certain blocks grouped together and then other blocks in a different group and so on. This allows the user to only have the tool palettes of that particular ground available so you don't have to have all the palettes on at once. (we would have 50+ tabs to navigate through other wise).

Hope this helps someone.

Fuccaro

Tool Palettes
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 03:06:07 AM »
Mark and Andrew
I cannot follow you, probable your advices are for 2k5 users; I am still using 2k4.
It sounds interesting to have on the screen just the tool palettes needed by the current work. I saved my profile, changed the tool palette settings and saved again the profile (under a new name). Switching back to the previous profile, the tool palette is still as in the last saved one. :cry:
Any other ideas what I could try?

Andrew H

Tool Palettes
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 09:52:24 AM »
I am currently using 2005, but I have tested these methods on 2004 and they work fine. These setting can all be preformed within the current profile. Do you have the 2004 tool palette extension from Autodesk downloaded and installed?

The use these feature it a little tricky (you have to right click on the exact right spot or you get a different menu). I will do some screen shots and find a way to get them to you.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Tool Palettes
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 10:14:23 AM »
I saved my profile, changed the tool palette settings and saved again the profile (under a new name). Switching back to the previous profile, the tool palette is still as in the last saved one.

Fucarro,

Are you working on dual monitors? If so, 2004 will not save toolbar(pallete, properties) locations, unless they are on your primary screen. This bug was fixed in 2005.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Andrew H

Tool Palettes
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 10:37:42 AM »
Here is the link for the screen shots on The Lilly Pond. Let me know if you need any additional help.

http://theswamp.org/lilly.pond/index.php?subdir=Tool%20Palettes&sortby=name

Fuccaro

Tool Palettes
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 01:52:17 AM »
Thanks for the help!

In my case the CUSTOMIZE window is different, see here.
Quote from: Andrew
Do you have the 2004 tool palette extension from Autodesk downloaded and installed?
Probable this is the origin of the problem. I must ask the IT man to help me because I have no administrator rights on my computer.
Thanks again.

hyposmurf

Tool Palettes
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 07:50:12 AM »
Some info on setting up tool palettes from Ellen Finkelstein

Andrew H

Tool Palettes
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 10:09:38 AM »
Do you have the tool palette update for 2004 from Autodesk? I believe this is what changes the customize dialog box. Ask your IT guy to look into it.