Author Topic: Acad Xref's Missing  (Read 1266 times)

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
Acad Xref's Missing
« on: June 16, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »
I received some files from a vendor for a job we are going to bid.  I opened them with eDrawings so I could see what they should look like since DataCAD won't put them together the same as AutoCAD will because of viewports and the likes.  When it tries to open a few of the files it can't find certain things like borders and floor plans.  The way it's opening it suggests that they are xref's, but I've opened other drawings that have the border in the drawing.

What can I do to get an accurate look at the drawings?

Thanks

Greg

Bob Wahr

Re: Acad Xref's Missing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
If the borders are in fact xrefs, and you don't have the files, all you can do is ask for them.  It's possible that they bound the xrefs in some of the files, but got lazy/careless/whatever and didn't do all of them.  I would ask them to bind all of the xrefs and resend the files.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
I do not believe I can get the files as this was started months ago and at the time I had requested the information,  but they did not have anything.  I know, it sounds wierd, but it's really a longer story.

I was wondering if someone could open one of the dwg's and see if they run into the same problem I do.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 12:16:32 PM »
email one to me.  You have my address.