Author Topic: Dynamic Blocks - Lookup table?  (Read 8909 times)

jools182

Dynamic Blocks - Lookup table?
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:19:47 AM »
going back to the conveyor block I have been editing, I am trying to set up a lookup table of different standard widths, maybe 10 or so

they will have 2 or 3 belts dependant on width

I'm not sure how you go about this

Do you draw up each width as a seperate drawing? Is it all done in the block editor?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Dynamic Blocks - Lookup table?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
all in the editor

Command entry: bedit  blookuptable
 Pointing device: Double-click a lookup action
Summary

The lookup table assigns custom property values to the dynamic block reference. If Reverse Lookup is selected for a lookup property, the block reference displays a lookup grip with a list of properties that change the display of the dynamic block reference.

The lookup table also allows the values of lookup parameters to be controlled by the values of other parameters (input properties).

List of Options

The following options are displayed.

Action Name
Displays the associated lookup action name, which you can edit in the Properties palette.

Add Properties
Displays the Add Parameter Properties dialog box.

Audit
Checks the data to ensure that each row is unique.

Input Properties
Displays the parameters you select in the Add Parameter Properties dialog box as columns. When a parameter value matches the input property column, the corresponding lookup property is assigned to the block reference.

Lookup Properties
Displays the custom value assigned to the input properties. Click the bottom of a lookup column to make the lookup property read-only or to allow reverse lookup. Allow Reverse Lookup enables a drop-down list associated with the lookup grip that changes the block reference to match the input property values in the table.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:20:33 AM by Higgs Boson's Mate »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Nibster

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
have you already found and gone through any tutorials for creating Dynamic Blocks?

jools182

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:59:30 AM »
I think I'm almost there with this one

It looks like I'll have to draw all possible widths of the conveyor as one block all overlapping each other

Then in block editor I can edit visibility states and make invisible all but one conveyor width, name it, and repeat for each width of conveyor

I might even have this fully working by Christmas ;)

Nibster

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:16 AM »
I think I'm almost there with this one

It looks like I'll have to draw all possible widths of the conveyor as one block all overlapping each other

Then in block editor I can edit visibility states and make invisible all but one conveyor width, name it, and repeat for each width of conveyor

I might even have this fully working by Christmas ;)
That is working with visibility states and very inefficient if only wanting different widths of the same geometry.  all a lookup table is is a list of approved widths that ACT like visibility states.

jools182

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
The thing is some widths have 2 belts and some have 3, so I can't see how else to do it

Nibster

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »
The thing is some widths have 2 belts and some have 3, so I can't see how else to do it
do both but control it all with the lookup table.

Linear parameter for width issues. (do not duplicate geometry for different belt states).

Visibility parameter for belt quantities.