Author Topic: Drawing Preview Thumbnail Resolution  (Read 1257 times)

M-dub

Drawing Preview Thumbnail Resolution
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
Have any of you ever had a problem with the resolution for your drawings?  I'm actually more interested in the blocks, because some of us still use DDINSERT to insert them and some of our clients have blocks with no logical filename like j12c4.dwg.  Is there anything we can do to redo the thumbnails that would result in something a little more legible?

The attached images are of the thumbnail along with the actual block, itself.  This is just one example of many.  Some are better, some are worse.  Any ideas?

Thanks!  :-)

craigr

Re: Drawing Preview Thumbnail Resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:57:58 AM »
That has been a long standing gripe of mine.

The way I get around it is to open the block and change the zoom factor.

It works for us.

craigr

M-dub

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:01:59 AM »
That has been a long standing gripe of mine.

The way I get around it is to open the block and change the zoom factor.

It works for us.

craigr

Yeah, I should give that a try.  What a pain in the butt, though.  I'm thinking about buying my own copy of Blockwerx to use wherever I go.  If the company won't cough up the $75 then, I'll have to do it.  I'm willing to.  It's a great program and would help me avoid a lot of this aggravation.

Thanks, Craig :)

M-dub

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
Perhaps this works:
  • Open the block
  • Options > Open and Save > Thumbnail Preview Settings > Accuracy
  • Set the Accuracy higher
  • Save the block again

Nice!  That would be the answer, I'm sure, but (right now) the latest version of AutoCAD we have is 2002.  There is a slim chance that might be changing soon.  Until then, we don't have the options you speak of.