Author Topic: Softdesk  (Read 1985 times)

rugaroo

• Bull Frog
  • The Other CAD Guy
Softdesk
« on: September 30, 2003, 10:18:02 PM »
Ok...I am going to reach really far for this one. I am told that there was a command in R12, and SDSK 7? That would not only lable the offset of an object from an alignment, but would include the station, and a FG elevation for the CL alignment at that point. Now if that is true, cool. Now, to where I am headed with this. My employers refuse to allow anyone to use templates. So what we do is grade our sites by....h a n d....and then cad them. If there was a way to list a point adjacent to an alignment, then do some addition/subtraction, then place the station listed, and the elevation calculated at the point selected......Well I think you can see where I am headed..If not I will think of some other way to explain it.

Rug
LDD06-09 | C3D 04-19 | Infraworks 360 | VS2012-VS2017

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Softdesk
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 03:08:55 AM »
FG elevation??

I do you can label a station by Alignments -> Station/Offset -> Label however this will not label any elevation, maybe in the Civil package?

Do you have a AECC point in that location, or are you selecting a point on a surface.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

rugaroo

• Bull Frog
  • The Other CAD Guy
Softdesk
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 02:54:43 PM »
Nothing in the Civil package that will do it without running templates or using points....If you set a proposed FG alignment, you are setting your centerline elevations. If you create a template and run it along your alignment, you can use the civil pack to label for you. But if you are stuck in a spot to where you are unable to templates or aeccpoints, you need to sit there and calculate the elevation out. But I was just thinking that if you can do math with in lisp, which you can, and have your lisp insert a point block where you tell it to, then have it enter an interpolated grad at that point from a user give slope. I think I am just going to sit here and see if I can figure these templates out, and just hide it all... :twisted:
LDD06-09 | C3D 04-19 | Infraworks 360 | VS2012-VS2017

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Softdesk
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 07:49:56 PM »
If you can hide it from whom ever you'd be better off, but if you need help with the code let me know I have some tools (code) for AECC points and such.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Softdesk
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:07:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you may be able to do this without templates; however you will need to set up plan/profile view label frames in Sheet Manager within the Civil package of LDT (Design, or Advance Design modules of Softdesk)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/