Author Topic: Character Map  (Read 2561 times)

VerticalMojo

Character Map
« on: January 16, 2004, 04:37:39 PM »
Hey guys, Ive been looking for this

in my character map and I dont think its there...... does anybody know where I could get it?

VerticalMojo

Character Map
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 04:54:59 PM »
Maybe what I wanted to say was....... is there any way I can edit my character map? Make my own? The picture above is a 3 phase, grounded neutral...... I wanted to be able to put that in my attribute.......

Nivuahc I know you know this stuff........

hyposmurf

Character Map
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 05:21:50 PM »
Ha Ha I thought I recognised parts of it I was looking through my blocks thinking I'm sure Ive seen something similar to that before!

VerticalMojo

Character Map
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 05:39:56 PM »
Nevermind guys found the private character editor........ 8)

Kate M

Character Map
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 08:16:08 PM »
Share? :-)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Character Map
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 10:26:36 PM »
You can also create a shape using Expresstools
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

hyposmurf

Character Map
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 04:39:13 AM »
Quote from: Kate M
Share? :-)

Think he's looking at the Microsoft one:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/server/help/app_start_character_editor.htm
I had a problem before trying to make a left curly bracket { (can be found in mtext-symbol-other-GDT).The symbol was the one I wanted but when inserted it appeared to be bolder than the rest,didnt have bold on either.Also thsat symbol is used to enclose other text so it needed to be stretched like a block but it just looked naff when stretched.Let us know what you think of that character editor Mojo.

VerticalMojo

Character Map
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 12:30:26 PM »
(for windows) To open Private Character Editor, click Start, click Run, and then type eudcedit.

Now I have come to another problem....... When I create my character and link it to lets say RomanS then it should
appear in the Fonts under RomanS. But I cant get it to work.

Also, when am in mtext and retrieve the custom character from the character map (its under all fonts (private
characters)) and paste it in the character will appear normal....but when I press ok it will appear as a question mark (?).
Some one open a window..... Its getting hot in here. :?

IHM........
(I hate Mondays) :evil:

BTW, I will have to send a text file if somebody from another computer wanted to read it huh? Is there a way to keep it in the dwg itself?

VerticalMojo

Character Map
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 03:52:32 PM »
Well guess I will bring this up again.....

Is there a way to add a character in DTEXT? I know that if I put %%nnn (nnn indicating the character code) but the code that I want to put in there is 0x44, I think (if you open character map>symbols>0x44)......Or its under SYMBOLS font. SHIFT + D will get the symbol I need in MTEXT but I dont know how to get it on DTEXT.... :?  

Reason for this is I need to put it in a Attribute.....

Any Ideas?