Author Topic: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software  (Read 104079 times)

craigr

Re: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »
IMHO - Bob, you should have posted that sooner.

That pretty much sums it up - dosen't it?

craigr

StykFacE

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37:34 AM »
My boss and I are discussing this issue today, we will see what he decides. I will be showing him this thread. ;-)

Gazza

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:21 AM »
You are quoting a dead site from that time when it was trouble
that was part of the pay off deal that you have been suckered into believing.

This product is alive and well among others and your assumption and postings
are misinformed.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 10:09:31 AM »

are misinformed.

Could you then provide something credible other than your vague and defensive statements so that we can LEARN something?

We're not trying to attack you, we're trying to find the truth.  Are you here to just raise a fuss, or actually provide some information?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »
Current from their website, main page, bottom:
Quote from: http://www.lt-extender.com/LT-Extender/englisch/default.htm
Users will take advantage of LT-Extender 2000 Plus in several ways:

* all important, but missing AutoCAD commands, which are normaly missing with AutoCAD LT, are provided by LT-Extender
    * Arx-/Lisp applications may be loaded and run: therefore, users can run "Third-Party"-applications (designed for AutoCAD) even with LT
    * the feature to automatically load Arx-/Lisp applications allows to have commonly used applications loaded with LT startup
    * 'LayerTools' integrated : offers effective and elegant LayerControl using reference entities
    * Drawings created in AutoCAD can be opened and edited in LT now, without "Proxies" being displayed (important for Plotting those drawings !)

Sounds like the same thing to me

Another link of note: http://www.lt-extender.com/LT-Extender/englisch/inhalte/ueberblick/content.htm

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »

are misinformed.

I think Bob and others are being very patient with you, and trying very hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps you could consider rewarding their good faith by laying off the rhetoric and providing some actual information to support your claims.  For that matter, how about explaining exactly what your claims are.

I still haven't figure out what point you are trying to make.  It sounded, at one point, as if you were making the claim that LT with a programming API enabler could do things that full-blown AutoCAD can't do, or at least do the same things better or more quickly.  Are you making that claim?  Can we set aside the licensing issue for a moment, and just answer that question.

Gazza

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2008, 10:42:19 AM »
I think Bob and others are being very patient with you!

I did not realise that this was a club that you need to pass some kind of test!
 :-(

Josh Nieman

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »

This is basic social interaction... not a test.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »

It's not, but just like in real life, if you want people to pay attention to what you have to say, you have to establish some credibility.

You still haven't answered any of my questions, and I'm pretty much done waiting for you to make your point.  I have better things to do.  Have a nice life.

craigr

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2008, 10:54:30 AM »

are misinformed.

While watching this discussion, it appears that he has no valid arguemnt. And as mentioned, just wants to create a fuss.

If one does has a valid point to make, they are always willing to back it up with facts.

IMHO,
craigr

Josh Nieman

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »
To add to Bob's suspicions, I often find that when one is so secretive of their point, it's usually quite fragile, and easily disproved.  Otherwise there's no reason for secrecy.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »

Now where did you get that from?  A request has been made numerous times.

Information has been posted that you disputed.  Nothing wrong with that, but people are asking you to back up your statements.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel

M-dub

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »
To add to Bob's suspicions, I often find that when one is so secretive of their point, it's usually quite fragile, and easily disproved.  Otherwise there's no reason for secrecy.

I once had a fortune cookie that said "An honest man tells no secrets" or something to that affect.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
http://www.manusoft.com/Software/LTX/PR/LTX031023.htm

. LTX does not "enable" hidden or disabled functionality in AutoCAD LT, nor does it modify AutoCAD LT files. LTX on its own does not extend the functionality of LT at all. Rather, LTX provides the functionality required by third party ARX applications to run on the AutoCAD LT platform the same way they run on the AutoCAD platform. LTX is not licensed directly to end users, but to developers of AutoCAD add-ons who wish to provide support for their customers that use AutoCAD LT. The licensing process is also a vetting process during which we take steps to ensure that LTX is used only for the purposes for which it was intended, and in ways that do not violate contractual obligations to Autodesk or other parties.

Completely and utterly contradictory to this, however:
Quote from: AutoCAD LT 2008 EULA
You may not utilize any equipment, device, software or other means designed to circumvent or remove any usage restrictions, or to enable functionality disabled by Autodesk in connection with the Excluded Materials.

This, however could be the catch:
In the United States, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, section 1201(f) explicitly permits a person to "circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a particular portion of that program for the sole purpose of identifying and analyzing those elements of the program that are necessary to achieve interoperability of an independently created computer program with other programs," and for that person to "develop and employ technological means to circumvent a technological measure" for the purpose of "enabling interoperability of an independently created computer program with other programs." The information and means developed for these purposes may be made available to others if it is provided "solely for the purpose of enabling interoperability of an independently created computer program with other programs." Similar provisions exist in copyright laws in other developed countries throughout the world.

However, being able to use LSP, model 3d, etc etc... is not a form of interoperability, I would think... or is it?