Author Topic: from vanilla to c3d  (Read 3193 times)

dubb

• Swamp Rat
from vanilla to c3d
« on: October 27, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »
wassup fellaz i just made a switch in my job from vanilla type of autocad to autocad 2006 civil 3d. now im working on civil types of drawings rather than structural. i have been doing structural for about 5 years now. i have little knowledge of civil and land development. are there any suggestions for usefull information on this type of style?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: from vanilla to c3d
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:56:03 PM »
dubb !! long time no see.

I'm sure that whom ever is signing your drawings have their preference but you could ask some of us civil types to send you a PDF a what type of drawings we turn out. This might help a little.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 03:38:41 PM »
yup, its been a while since i been on the forums mainly because im trying to catch the new dicipline at this compan, you might have heard of them.

http://brownandcaldwell.com/

they are always hiring as matter of fact they just opened a big office in irvine california.

thanks, i usually do soil borings locations stuff, querying data, and working with the world coordinate system. which are all totally new things for me. im starting to catch on, it seems like we use c3d as it is. and there a couple of guys here that are proactive with autodesk and its releases of c3d that help me out.

deegeecees

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:17:12 PM »
they are always hiring as matter of fact they just opened a big office in irvine california.

They have an opening for VP in Wisconsin. I have always wanted to start at the top and work my way sideways.  :-D

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 06:51:12 PM »
I am sure you have found that it is a  L O N G  step from structural work in basic AutoCAD to map work using Civil 3D.  The good news is that C3D comes with all of MAP 3D included and the whole program can be used as you would basic AutoCAD until you NEED the civil functions.  Even better news is that Civil 3D does an excellent job of plotting different strata from soil boring data if you use the right tools and most of the troublesome areas of Civil 3d should not affect what you will be doing.