Author Topic: C3D Mapcheck Report for LandXML?  (Read 2791 times)

Lin-Z

C3D Mapcheck Report for LandXML?
« on: October 20, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »
Anyone know where I can get a parcel Mapcheck report for Civil 3D using the LandXML format?  There's an option for an Inverse Report but no Mapcheck and I'm starting to get cut-and-paste cramps.  :-o

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: C3D Mapcheck Report for LandXML?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
It's been awhile since I've used XML but I thought it was possible.

[ http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Civil3D_2006_Feature_Enhancements_FINAL.pdf ]
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Lin-Z

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 06:52:41 PM »
There isn't a ready-made template for it and my XML skills are just this side of non-existaent

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:19:41 PM »
I have bad news and worse . . .
The bad - from what I have seen on the autodesk newsgroup there is not currently a way to do this in Civil 3D.
The worse - The data from the mapcheck analysis that you are probably pasting is not completely accurate and will vary depending on the values you have set in your ambient settings and even which direction you are traversing the survey.
It seems the segments are not being created to or from absolute coordinates rather being adjusted to position determined by your precision values resulting in a perfectly closed parcel with non-perfect courses, exactly the opposite of the results you are trying to generate.
Your best choice at this time - at least until survey support is provided for C3D - is to do the survey tasks and reports in Land Survey.