Author Topic: Memory pr  (Read 3200 times)

Serge J. Gianolla

Memory pr
« on: August 26, 2005, 12:14:16 AM »
Am working on a dwg with 4 xrefs plus 1 ecw file, sent to us by a consultant. The ecw is over 220Mb and sometimes C3D hangs when loading image! After aborting to Windows, i run Window Washer and noticed it variably finds 250 to 450 Mb of recovered space. Has anyone got this type of problem? Have you noticed memory leakage when using C3D?
Ta

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Memory pr
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 11:59:53 AM »
Not yet. Haven't used it with images yet either. Will give'em a try next week and let ya know.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

Memory pr
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 01:59:41 PM »
That image file wil push any machine running C3D past its limits.  I would try to isolate the image into a file outside of the drawing and bring it back with a clipped xref to get rid of anything in there you dont need.  Making a second copy of the drawing file and removing everything but the image will preserve its insertion, scale and rotation.  If you have access to vanilla autocad for this process it would make reassembly much easier.

Serge J. Gianolla

Memory pr
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »
The image is already embedded in an XREF and has already been clipped! Do you have a trick to do it in AutoCAD though, not supporting ecw files? Work around?
Thanks

sourdough

• Bull Frog
another couple of things to remember about civil3d
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 09:25:36 PM »
I found the monster dwg with xref/images have to have at least
2 gig of memory and have the pagefile set in windows to over
4gig of set space. Have you tried resetting the pagefile for windows.
Paging out in Civil3d is bad business.

Mike
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

Dinosaur

Re: another couple of things to remember about civil3d
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 11:09:18 PM »
Quote from: sourdoug
I found the monster dwg with xref/images have to have at least 2 gig of memory and have the pagefile set in windows to over 4 gig of set space. Have you tried resetting the pagefile for windows.
Paging out in Civil3d is bad business.

Mike

I would say that would be the suggested memory size and configuration for virtually any work with Civil 3D.  It can used every byte you can plug into your computer.  The performance increse is impressive, but the added stability makes it worth the cost.