Author Topic: customized hatch  (Read 1512 times)

AUTOKAD

customized hatch
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
Hello
Please help me. I know this is easy for someone who is expert in customization. But I have no idea how to do it. I would greatly appreciate, if somebody out there could help me make two customized hatch as shown on my attachment. Thank you very much.

daron

Re: customized hatch
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
Instead of giving you code, how about a quick tutorial how to do it. In the image posted, I changed things that relate to different colors: red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, magenta. It really doesn't matter in what order you do them, but they must be something that can be processed by the computer. Note that the object is taken as a whole. Hatches are very linear like that. The little circle is the base point. Now to get to the meat. Under the Developer Documentation that you can get to by typing vlide in autocad, then hitting the help button and okay to the empty text field; open the Customization Guide and Custom Hatch Patterns, then Overview of Hatch Pattern Defs.

The first thing you need is: *pattern-name, description
The file for the pattern should be the same as pattern-name with a .pat extension
The line descriptors?
angle = 0 or 90 in both of your examples
x-origin,y-origin = the position of the line from the base point. In this case, the circle on the image.
delta-x,delta-y =
The delta-x value indicates the displacement between members of the family in the direction of the line. It is used only for dashed lines.
The delta-y value indicates the spacing between members of the family; that is, it is measured perpendicular to the lines.
IOW, delta-x will create the lines with a space between them. Note the yellow and green lines. From one yellow to the next yellow or one green to the next green, vertically in this case. The delta-y is for moving the lines the distance their offset. Study up on it as you work it and post code as it causes problems that don't make sense. Attached are also a couple of hatch patterns I made that might help you get started. Modify them or learn from them. The best thing to do when learning to create hatch patterns is start with one line until it comes out right, then move on to the next one, etc until it fills in right.
P.S. the gray colored lines are unecessary, as they will be filled in with the hatch creation, which is also why the colored verticals are staggered. If you don't stagger, it won't come out right; at least in my experience.

M-dub

Re: customized hatch
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »
Yout might also find something of value here -> http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor12.htm