Author Topic: Detect Commandline visibility/height  (Read 1004 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Detect Commandline visibility/height
« on: February 03, 2022, 10:51:05 AM »
There is the old sysvar CLISTATE that will tell you if the commandline is visible, but does anyone know how to see if the commandline is docked/floating and height/how many lines are being displayed?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: Detect Commandline visibility/height
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 03:56:53 PM »
What do you need this info for?

From my experience with AutoCAD Vanilla (2018 x64), I've set it like floating panels undocked, but somewhere at decent places for all types (toolbar palletes, design center, properties, and so on - not so imprtant for me ...) at different positions not to ovelap when they are all turned on... Sometimes I just use them like ctrl+1 for properties and I don't autohide them - I use them when I need them... It is something different with command line - it's placed at the bottom and is docked - this enables to maximize command line length in its visible states as much as possible... Once desired line numbers are set - hight, everything is fine - I personaly use 4 lines (this is how I like it), but something also more important is that you predefine Environmet variable for maximal history of data for scrolling back from text screen - this is good when you need to go back and see what happened during work... If I can recall - maximal value is ab 2000 lines... So I use that instead of default (ab 400)...

Now to answer the question : I don't know where you should look for this, but for sure you can find state (docked/floating) from CUI under desired pallete/menu/tab/ribbon...
And for line numbers - search for width/hight at the same place - use CUI command...

But to retrive this info to textual data (coding reasons and so on), you'll have to dig deeper at somewhere connected with CUI functionality - dictionaries - acad application data (this is perhaps also with utilities data) ... VLA-OBJECT(s) info???
(vlax-dump-object (vlax-get-acad-object) t)
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

d2010

• Bull Frog
Re: Detect Commandline visibility/height
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 06:43:33 PM »
I think , number line for commandLine is stored inside WinRegistry. or Winreg. REG, not inside local variabiles (getvar, setvar...)
 :hahanot:
There is the old sysvar CLISTATE that will tell you if the commandline is visible, but does anyone know how to see if the commandline is docked/floating and height/how many lines are being displayed?