Author Topic: Dynamic Blocks with Associative Hatches  (Read 2147 times)

Stevray

Dynamic Blocks with Associative Hatches
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:45:32 AM »
I'm developing a framework for inserting and manipulating dynamic blocks in VB.Net but one thing has me stumped.

Many of the blocks that I use have associative hatches.  For only  some of the blocks, the hatches become non-associative upon insertion; for most of them the hatches remain associative and work just fine.

At this point, it is my guess that the loss of associativity is connected in some way with the original definition of the dynamic block and not with the code that inserts the block  but other than that guess, I am completely stumped.  Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start looking for a solutions?

fixo

Re: Dynamic Blocks with Associative Hatches
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »
Welcome on board!
Can you please upload sample drawing with similar block
to look in this problem closely, better yet in A2010 format.

Stevray

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 11:11:03 AM »
Attached are two .dwg files, "TGI End View" and "Door" which contain "wblocked" definitions of blocks with the the names "TGI End View" and "Door" respectively.  Both of them have pure white hatches that are associative in the the original block definitions.

When I use the .net code to insert references to these blocks and to modify their dynamic properties (i.e. to resize them), the hatch in the TGI End View block continues to be associative and resizes with the block; however the hatch within the Door block does not. 

I am stumped as to why.  I suspect that it is connected with how the blocks are initially built rather than the code that I wrote to insert them but I could be wrong.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stevray

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 11:12:02 AM »
It appears that "Door" didn''t get uploaded properly.  Trying again.

fixo

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:08:59 AM »
Try this code, but your block Door isn'good designed

Stevray

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Your comment that the door is not well designed is right on.  I am convinced that is the problem; I have no trouble creating a reference to the block and then setting its properties.