Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Idea for a LISP: Outlining Text

(1/4) > >>

tcdan:
Yeah, just thought I'd see if anyone has done this or would like to try it out.

The Problem
Sometimes I plot color text on a color map or background which makes the text slightly difficult to read.  However, I would not like to change the color of the text to make it readable.

Solution
Create a white or black outline around the text.
Maybe this could be done by creating 2 copies of all of your text in the document and setting one copy to be a black or white outline with TEXTFILL.

So is it possible?

dubb:
if you have a .ctb files you can set any layer to print out any color....does this help?

tcdan:

--- Quote ---if you have a .ctb files you can set any layer to print out any color....does this help?
--- End quote ---

No not really.  I can change the color of the text, but that won't fix the problem because I'm laying it over a raster image which has both dark and light colors in it.  I want the color of the text to stay consistent.  So having an outline around the text provides the needed contrast for the text to show up clearly.

I don't really know how playing with TEXTFILL would help, however, because it cannot take on both values simultaneously in the same dwg that I know of. . .

sourdough:
CAB showed me a prototype of boxes that can be applied to text that
aren't ordinary and in many different styles... you can reach him soon. I
believe he might be on vacation, but maybe back soon. or just do a search he has an abundance of posts with really great solutions.

Mike in Alaska

daron:
vla-get-boundingbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version