Author Topic: Qsave Error  (Read 15725 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Qsave Error
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
I have a qsave error (see first screen shot) that for one file that can be reproduced on any machine.  IT comes up with the following error message and then if you were to do an open file, go to folder where the file is, the file has been deleted (see second screen shot).  if close the file open dialog and then preform a qsave you do get the error and now you can see the file if you were to do a file open.   Autocad or the file does not crash. 

Any ideas? 

This is what I have done up to now.
    • I have saveas the file out to a different name and can not reproduce the error within that new file.
    • I have wblock the geometry out to a different file name and can not reproduce the error within that new file.
    • I have copied and paste the geometry out to a different file name and can not reproduce the error within that new file.
    • Take any of the above file and rename them back or savas back to the orginal file name; the error is back. 
    • I have made sure everybody is out of any read-only version and any file that references that file and then went through the folder and deleted any and every temp file and any version thereof, and then repeated the process above and the error comes back. 
  • Google Search for about an 1/2 with nothing even close

:realmad:

I am in the process of leaving the file renamed and then changing any file that references that file to the new name.  But this also affects my consultants and of course the project going out the door next week.  :cry:
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: Qsave Error
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
I've gotten the same error many times. IT has attributed it to the slow network connection this part of the office has. It's very scary to find out that the .dwg files that you've been working on for over 5 years are missing. I can do a second QSAVE successfully every time this error comes up.
CAD Tech

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »
Huge reach, but check the value of the isavepercent variable. Set it to 0 and see if that remedies the problem.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 03:03:36 PM »
have you altered the folder properties?

I found this elsewhere:

When I change the properties of the autosave folder to remove the delete rights, autocad comes up with the error "unable to save to drawing....drawing saved to..."
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »
Also  right click the BAK file and check the security settings for the file it may not be inheriting security from the folder. Set the .bak file to inherit security
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:01:26 PM by Higgs Boson's Mate »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
Further verify that there are NO files of the type  existence of a DWL and DWL2 in that folder.
These files are of the 'hidden' type so you will need to enable viewing them.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
Just recently we had a user who experienced a fatal error, and subsequent shutdown... at which time the *.dwl* files were not fully handled, and remained in that directory. They had issues modifying the file, until they manually deleted them (with the drawing NOT open).

... But I thought that would cause a Read-Only error upon drawing open??? *thinking back*
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Biscuits

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
We have had similar issues. Read-only messages sometime appeared as well. Turned out that Network location was at it limits for storage. Maybe something to consider.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:00:04 PM »
two votes for DWL files needing to be deleted....

do I hear a third?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 07:09:10 AM »
Yup, I just wish I could think of a way verify it.
CAD Tech

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 07:51:44 AM »
Huge reach, but check the value of the isavepercent variable. Set it to 0 and see if that remedies the problem.
I was responding to this when Time Warner decided to haven an outage yesterday

I did that at first and thought that was the problem.  But ensuing test latter (see OP) determine that had no affect.  FYI:  Isavebak is set to 1 upon opening the drawing.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »
have you altered the folder properties?
Would this not affect all drawings?  But no, the folder properties were not altered.

I found this elsewhere:

When I change the properties of the autosave folder to remove the delete rights, autocad comes up with the error "unable to save to drawing....drawing saved to..."
Would this not affect all drawings?  But no, the folder properties were not altered.  Furthermore the autosave folder, autocad temp folders are local to each user in each machine.  I reproduced this error in another machine.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »
and what of the DWL files did you discover?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 08:08:29 AM »
Further verify that there are NO files of the type  existence of a DWL and DWL2 in that folder.
These files are of the 'hidden' type so you will need to enable viewing them.

In my O.P. I should have said that I checked for and deleted all temporary files, which included *.bak, *.dwl(s) and *.tmp files in the root folder.  I then went to my autocad temp and save folders folders deleted everything in those. 

Yes I have rights to view and touch.  One of the few times in the day that I am all powerful.  :-)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:11 AM »
and what of the DWL files did you discover?

Sorry.  There were NO DWL files for the particular file in question.   I also made sure that no user had the file open in a read-only status or had a host file that the particular file was xref into.