Author Topic: Civil 3D 09 - Match Properties - Label Styles  (Read 1936 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Civil 3D 09 - Match Properties - Label Styles
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:10:47 AM »
Is there a lisp or a command to select one label style (name) to match another label style (name)? I am just trying to find a easier way to change labels as I randomly choose what point labels I want to change, via the properties box. thxs
Civil3D 2020

George

Re: Civil 3D 09 - Match Properties - Label Styles
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
Match Properties works on a lot of objects, not sure about points. I'm not sure if Sinc's stuff does labels, but I have the EE ProPack and it does most of this stuff for me. In 2010, matchprop works on a lot more stuff, so I don't use the add-ons as much.

sinc

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:01:11 AM »
My stuff doesn't match labels yet, but it will after the next release (coming soon).

jugglerbri

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »
Use your quick properties.  Select the point - Change the style.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »
NO

your best practice would be to add the points to groups which have the properties you desire,
that at least you can control the display globally of the points group.

A read of the help file doesn't explicitly say so; however it is implied that MATCHPROP does NOT specifically function on any C3D objects:

The fact that it works on any of the C3D objects at all is an anomaly

Specifies which basic properties and special properties to copy from the source object to the destination objects.

Color
Changes the color of the destination object to that of the source object. Available for all objects.

Layer
Changes the layer of the destination object to that of the source object. Available for all objects.

Linetype
Changes the linetype of the destination object to that of the source object. Available for all objects except attributes, hatches, multiline text, points, and viewports.

Linetype Scale
Changes the linetype scale factor of the destination object to that of the source object. Available for all objects except attributes, hatches, multiline text, points, and viewports.

Lineweight
Changes the lineweight of the destination object to that of the source object. Available for all objects.

Thickness
Changes the thickness of the destination object to that of the source object. Available only for arcs, attributes, circles, lines, points, 2D polylines, regions, text, and traces.

Plot Style
Changes the plot style of the destination object to that of the source object. If you are working in color-dependent plot style mode (PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 1), this option is unavailable. Available for all objects, except those with the Jitter edge modifier applied.

Dimension
In addition to basic object properties, changes the dimension style and annotative properties of the destination object to that of the source object. Available only for dimension, leader, and tolerance objects.

Polyline
In addition to basic object properties, changes the width and linetype generation properties of the destination polyline to those of the source polyline. The fit/smooth property and the elevation of the source polyline are not transferred to the destination polyline. If the source polyline has variable width, the width property is not transferred to the destination polyline.

Material
In addition to basic object properties, changes the material applied to the object. If the source object does not have a material assigned and the destination object does, the material is removed from the destination object.

Text
In addition to basic object properties, changes the text style and annotative properties of the destination object to that of the source object. Available only for single-line and multiline text objects.

Viewport
In addition to basic object properties, changes the following properties of the destination paper space viewport to match those of the source viewport: on/off, display locking, standard or custom scale, shade plot, snap, grid, and UCS icon visibility and location.

The settings for clipping and for UCS per viewport and the freeze/thaw state of the layers are not transferred to the destination object.

Shadow Display
In addition to basic object properties, changes the shadow display. The object can cast shadows, receive shadows, or both, or it can ignore shadows.

Hatch
In addition to basic object properties, changes the hatch properties (including its annotative properties) of the destination object to that of the source object. To match the hatch origin, use Inherit Properties in HATCH or HATCHEDIT. Available only for hatch objects.

Table
In addition to basic object properties, changes the table style of the destination object to that of the source object. Available only for table objects.

Multileader
In addition to basic object properties, changes the multileader style and annotative properties of the destination object to that of the source object. Available only for multileader objects.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:50:07 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:16:49 PM »
That seems to be the best practice to do it. Via Point Groups...
thanks!
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »
Also keep in mind that you can leverage the point group hierarchy to apply styles to the points.
By Right Clicking on the Point Group Collection and selecting properties, you can the put the point groups in the order you want the point label styles to be applied.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/