Author Topic: Layouts and Layer Freeze and ON OFF  (Read 5505 times)

DanB

• Bull Frog
Layouts and Layer Freeze and ON OFF
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 03:07:48 PM »
I uploaded the file to lily pond under danb. The file is called loswitch.dvb

*edit by MST*
link to file removed

please provide a link to the original authors web site.

Why? because these poeple are trying to make a living from their software. It may be freeware but it's not open source, big difference.

thanks

Mark

CADaver

Layouts and Layer Freeze and ON OFF
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 03:40:21 PM »
Quote from: CAB
From what I see there may be tabs where the layers of certain objects need to be one color and other tabs where that need to be something else. So to avoid drawing two sets of objects with different colors you could use the 'Layer State' to switch the colors of just one set of objects. Using a Tab Reactor to change the layer state when you
activate that tab. Not sure I would want to do it with reactors though. I could just change the layer state manually.
In my case there are times when I want to create a demolition plan where some of the walls need to be screened. In other tabs the same walls may need to be solid. I use a separate Layer State to control this. With a reactor it could be automatic but the routine would have to be able to identify the tab and the layer states created.
Oh okay, I can see that.  But (always one of those) wouldn't that blow-up as soon as it left your control (sent to client)?