Author Topic: Mutiple Versions of AutoCAD Opening  (Read 2327 times)

ML

Mutiple Versions of AutoCAD Opening
« on: November 08, 2004, 10:08:33 AM »
The weidest thing is happening, we just reloaded AutoCAD 2002 on a felloe employee's computer on Friday. When he double clicks on a drawing in Windows Explorer, it opens a new AutoCAD session.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

It is not SDI mode

Thank you

Mark

MikePerry

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 10:44:40 AM »
Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS24348 - Cannot open another AutoCADŽ Release 14 drawing session

Please note the aboce doesn't directly answer your question, but hopefully it will offer one or two pointers....

Have a good one, Mike

ML

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 11:01:40 AM »
Cool, thanks Mike but we are using 2002, I wonder if it still applies?

Mark

ML

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 11:05:13 AM »
It looks like ACAD is firing up a new ACAD Session altogether, not just a new drawing

Mark

MikePerry

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 11:08:10 AM »
Hi

Give it a try (backup or at least record settings before- hand); personally I've found that it's generally best to ignore the "Applies to:" within Autodesk Technical Document references....

Have a good one, Mike

craigr

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 02:12:32 PM »
If you have 2 or more monitors, having 2 different sessions open at the same time is nice.

We work with LT98, and I often have 2 sessions of ACAD runing, one on each of my 2 monitors. I find it easier to work from one dwg to the next without having to switch like you have to do on one monitor.

I also have a copy of LT2000i, that I was going to start using, but I cannot display 2 dwgs at once, (one on each monitor), like I can with my LT98.

Just my input, for what it's worth.

craigr

ML

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 03:41:26 PM »
Thanks Mike

That was not specifically the probelm but it got us to where the problem was. All better now

Mark