Author Topic: ActiveX...  (Read 1761 times)

AWW

ActiveX...
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »
Does anyone have any good links for more in depth explanation of ActiveX? I am trying to learn and
understand ActiveX. I've never used it (I don't think). I looked at the help files of AutoCAD but it
seems all the coding they provide is in VBA.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: ActiveX...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
True, the ACAD help is written for VBA, but the argument types and their order do still apply, so this does serve as a good reference.

AfraLISP has a good section on some parts of Visual LISP, and there is also this, posted recently which I think is superb.

Hope this helps,

Lee

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »
One of the first things to wrap your head around is the object model.  That stays the same, the only thing that changes is how you make use of it.  Thus, getting a property of a line in VBA is test_list.Layer as opposed to (vla-get-Layer test_line) in LISP.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

AWW

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
Found what I was looking for: http://asmitools.com/Files/AutoLISP_Help/AutoLISP%20Help.html
ActiveX written as ActiveX! :-D

AWW

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
I am starting to understand the structure of Active x.  :-) However, I am having trouble grasping the safearray fuction. I believe that it is the Active X version of list, correct? If so, then vla-make-safearray is used to make a list and vla-safearray-fill is to populate the safearray (list). What exactly is a dimension in the safearry function and the l-bound and u-bound argument has me baffled. Also, how would I pass 3 points into a safearry? I have 3 points: 2 specified by user input and one specifed by polar function. Thanks for any clarification on this function.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »