Author Topic: intersectwith method problem  (Read 1220 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
intersectwith method problem
« on: January 31, 2018, 05:44:58 AM »
Greetings...

I have a problem... It's in attached DWG... I have a small circle at intersections of 2 elliptical arcs and 2 splines - all 4 entities are created by breaking major ellipse and spline at the point where is center of small circle... All 4 curves are 100% planar and circle is also 100% planar and lie in the same plane like curves in WCS... Now the problem : I need all 4 points of intersections curve-circle - situation is that I can only get 2 points and 2 always return nil... Is there some kind of workaround for this situation - I need to get exact points on curves, but now when I think more over - if I can get tangent line (imaginary) in the right direction - so actually correct angle, I could try to use (vlax-curve-getclosestpointto curve (polar cen-circle angle 1e-3))... But how to get correct angle in the direction of curve ? Or is there something better in your opinion... Thanks for help, M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: intersectwith method problem
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
Just to inform, I solved this task little differently then I described by using (vlax-curve-getpointatdist) function in my routine and routine works fine... Only this issue with intersectwith method shouldn't have happened IMO...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube