Author Topic: Vault and data shortcuts in Civil3D  (Read 1618 times)

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Vault and data shortcuts in Civil3D
« on: April 10, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
Is there a API for .NET available for creating data shortcuts in Civil3D and connections to Vault?

I think it is not, but maybe someone knows better? :-)
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Vault and data shortcuts in Civil3D
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »
None that I am aware of.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »
As most of the Data Shortcut is stored in the <DataShortcutObjectName>_<GUID.ToLower()>.xml, I tried manually creating a Data Shortcut in Notepad++.

Simply invoking the "Create Data Shortcuts..." Context Menu loads the Data Shortcut I create... But as this is not exposed, I don't think it's worth much at this point.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:22 AM »
Thanks for your answers. The method of editing xml might be an option but I've read somewhere that it can't be done while Civil3D is active. If there is no API then it is better to not tinker.

The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »
If there is no API then it is better to not tinker.

Agreed... My post was more of an observation of something I didn't already know, than a reliable suggestion. Sorry for any confusion.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."