Code Red > .NET

Rewriting program - opinions?

<< < (9/9)

David Hall:
DUH!!!!!!!!!!
I was so wrapped up in trying to switch to the BlockTable and LayerTable at same time, I didn't read all the way down, I just copied and pasted.

David Hall:
That did it

T.Willey:

--- Quote from: CmdrDuh on December 28, 2007, 11:15:53 AM ---That did it

--- End quote ---
Good to hear!  :-)

ps.  BeanBag  Welcome to theSwamp.  :-)  I'm just starting with .Net also, and this is a great place to be to learn.

T.Willey:

--- Quote from: CmdrDuh on December 28, 2007, 11:14:56 AM ---DUH!!!!!!!!!!
I was so wrapped up in trying to switch to the BlockTable and LayerTable at same time, I didn't read all the way down, I just copied and pasted.

--- End quote ---
On a side note, you might want to read the Arx doc's about the 'purge' method and the two ways in which it can be called.  It says that if you want to purge something that can reference something within the same table, ie. blocks, then you want to pass it something besides an ObjectIdCollection.

--- Quote from: Arx Docs ---<snip>

purge(

AcDbObjectIdGraph& idGraph);

idGraph Input graph of objects in the database. The graph will be returned containing only those objects that may safely be removed from the database.

This version of the purge() method works in one pass. The method looks for references between the objects passed in so that it does not need to be called multiple times. In other words, if a Layer and a Linetype are passed in, and the only reference to the Linetype is from the Layer, then the graph returned will indicate that both the Layer and the Linetype can be purged. (The older AcDbObjectIdArray version of purge() would first indicate that only the Layer could be purged. Then a second call, after erasing the Layer, would say that the Linetype could be purged.)

<snip>

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version