Author Topic: Copying Viewports  (Read 3485 times)

DaveW

Re: Copying Viewports
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35:03 PM »
Sounds like a little VB with transform could do both. It would be a nive free utility. Just get the viewport and everything in it at the same time. I have some code that I use for ballooning in PS that I got a bit of help on here at the swamp, that gets the centroids of the solids. it seems easy enough to mod it to just get the objects and their locations. I will try it next week if I get some time.

Luke

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 01:39:02 PM »
I'm not necessiarly as interested in the MS things as I am in the properties of the viewport.  Scale, layer control, shade plot, etc.  So no way to default it to "ON" huh?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 02:16:33 PM »
I'm not necessiarly as interested in the MS things as I am in the properties of the viewport.  Scale, layer control, shade plot, etc.  So no way to default it to "ON" huh?

Not that I'm aware.  But you get all the other goodies at least.

DaveW

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 02:36:17 PM »
You may want give Chuck's code, on this thread: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=12128.msg151857#msg151857 , a whirl.

It may be tweakable to do what you need.

Dinosaur

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
Design Center will do this by copying the entire layout into a different drawing.  Similar, you can copy individual layout tabs within the same drawing and the viewports will retain all properties.