Author Topic: ( C3D 2008 ) Display points by station/offset  (Read 1834 times)

sinc

( C3D 2008 ) Display points by station/offset
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
The SincpacC3D now includes a STAOFF command, which is basically the same as the old Land Desktop "Display Points by Station and Offset" command.

This tool is pretty critical to surveyors, and I know I'm not alone in wondering what Autodesk was thinking.  Civil-3D has that "Station Alignment to Points" XML report, but it's a pretty sorry replacement - hardly even usable.  This should help fill the gap.   :-)

The code for this involves several classes, so I'm not posting any of it here, but the complete source code is also posted along with a DLL compiled for Civil-3D 2008.  But it uses a variety of design patterns, and is another one that might serve as a good sample for anyone trying to learn C#.

sinc

Re: ( C3D 2008 ) Display points by station/offset
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
I took the guts of this code and refactored it, then added another command - PT2PROFILE - that will datum-adjust existing points based on any of the profiles in your drawing.

In the process, I created a couple of class hierarchies that illustrate C# keywords like PROTECTED, ABSTRACT, VIRTUAL, OVERRIDE, and NEW, and can serve as a working example for someone trying to learn when, why, and how to use these keywords.