Author Topic: Customisation File in ACAD 2006  (Read 1129 times)

robplatt

Customisation File in ACAD 2006
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:36:17 AM »
You will see some of us haven't upgraded yet!
Anyway this is about that new beast (intro'd in 2006) called the customisation file.
The problem I'm having is that no matter how many times I modify the file, apply the changes, and save it, every time I open AutoCAD the previous version of the customisation keeps coming back. This would only be a severe irritation except for the fact that my old file contains references to custom menus i have since deleted. So of course every time I run AutoCAD it tries to load the menus, fails, and takes great pleasure in telling me it can't find the menu files.
If I watch carefully it seems there is a lisp routine that is being called by the customisation file, and this routine is trying to populate the menu and toolbox items.
I seem to be missing a trick here - can anyone help?

Crank

• Water Moccasin
Re: Customisation File in ACAD 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 09:03:19 AM »
Check if the .CUI isn't located in a enterprise folder.
Check that you have permissions to write to the location where the .CUI is stored.
Check that the .CUI isn't read-only.

If those points are OK something else is the problem (don't know  :roll: :-P ). But you can make a new .CUI and tranfer the parts from the bad .CUI to the new.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:07:18 AM »
If you made the changes in your .MNU or .MNS, then be sure that you've used MENULOAD/CUILOAD to import that file (not the .CUI) so it wil be compiled again.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Birdy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:22:11 AM »
Try the easy stuff first:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:23:16 AM by Birdy »