Author Topic: No VLX or VBA functionality - no database (error)  (Read 2248 times)

Rambler

No VLX or VBA functionality - no database (error)
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:40:44 AM »
I was following a tutorial for VBA in Teach Me and all VBA programs bomb on my machine.  Same with my old purge group routine (VLX calls).  I searched online for a solution and found a number of others that were having this problem and the solution was to reinstall Autocad.  Wonderful!   Has anyone been able to solve this issue w/o reinstalling?  I can get into the vbaide and vba-load-com does not return an error upon loading but any calls to it prodeces a 'no database' error.  I don't know if IT made any changes on our server that would have caused this.  There may be a simple fix of turning an option on that I may have inadvertently turned off.

hendie

Re: No VLX or VBA functionality - no database (error)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:03:30 AM »
I've coem across the "No Database " error before and to my knowledge the only way to correct it was to do a reinstall.
fwiw The error started happening after some Windows updates

maybe someone else has more info

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:17:45 AM »
I can't imagine this is it, but while installing a camera reader the install threw a wobbler. Then cad didn't work. I had to install or reinstall  microsoft.Net framework 1.1 and all worked.

Rambler

Re: No VLX or VBA functionality - no database (error) - Solved
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »
Well, I solved the problem by going to the control panel and 'change' the installation.  It took a while for AutoCAD to do this even on my relatively fast machine.  Once I selected my flavor (I was worried I'd have to reconfigure) all seemed in place.  Both lisp versions I have that remove groups now work.  :-)  I haven't tested the VBA but I bet that is fixed as well.

sinc

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »
I've coem across the "No Database " error before and to my knowledge the only way to correct it was to do a reinstall.
fwiw The error started happening after some Windows updates

maybe someone else has more info

It seems strange that a Windows update would cause that problem.  It isn't one that I've noticed.

It seems more likely that it is a problem with the Autodesk installation process.  Since installing Civil-3D 2007, I periodically have had the Installation Wizard pop open and tell me to insert the Civil-3D disk when I'm doing something that has absolutely no relation to any Autodesk product.  That indicates to me that something is being done incorrectly by Autodesk (big surprise).

Autodesk never has seemed to figure out the Windows installation process.  Autodesk software is the only software I own where uninstalling one piece of Autodesk software breaks EVERY SINGLE OTHER PIECE of Autodesk software on the system.  Autodesk seems to think this is normal and to be expected, but it's really a sign that something is WRONG.