Author Topic: Pipe Invert Labels in Profile  (Read 8660 times)

dfarris75

Re: Pipe Invert Labels in Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »
Brian, I can't get it to work with the expression. Are you using the expression in the rotation of the flow direction arrow or the text?

It will work if I create two label styles and assign the flow direction arrow to the bottom inner diameter and to the top inner diameter on the other while adjusting the attachment of the text component for each as necessary.

Of course I still have no dragged state ability that satisfies. Mike suggested over the phone just using the pipe labels during the design phase and then adding the profile view labels in the final drafting phase to save any time that may be otherwise wasted moving the profile view labels to and fro during design. I'm thinking that will be the best choice at this point.

jugglerbri

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »
You know, for some reason I thought you were in 2010 but now I realize you are in 2008. I don't have 08 installed on this machine. What I'll do is make a video showing the steps I took and then you can try and recreate it on your end.

http://screencast.com/t/xwiksgeTE

dfarris75

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:22 AM »
Oh I see you applied it to the text components. Thanks a lot for the video. I appreciate your efforts.  :wink: