Author Topic: Grading Vertically and Horizontally  (Read 2135 times)

Gael

Grading Vertically and Horizontally
« on: August 30, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
So, I am a bit stuck....

I have a grading down in a Railroad cut.  I am grading the RR grade for a wetland mitigation site.  So of course nothing is uniform and a template doesnt work.

I first established an average grade that I want to run up my trough.  This is actually 3 different grades (2PVI's) - sort of.

I created a surface from the grades that I established in the base of my trough.  (Base Surface)

I created feature lines and graded my jellybean shaped ponds and then created surfaces until I could paste those into the surface the base surface for the mitigation.

Now I need to paste my proposed surface into my existing ground.

This is where I am having a challenge.....

If my surface is into the hillside a bit - I just want it to cut verically.  I know trust me we are not talking about large vertical cuts more like 3 inches.  I just don't want it to run up my hillside at catch at the top.

If my surface is showing the need for a fill, I want it to run out horizontally until it catches on the hillside, this may only be a foot.

I have both a surface and a feature line created but it doesn't seem to do what I want it to.  Right now it thinks about making  a grading object but then it doesn't do anything.

Any Suggestiongs?????  I have attached a hand drawing cross section for a visual aid.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Grading Vertically and Horizontally
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
Why don't you use a Corridor? Maybe that is a better solution.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Gael

Re: Grading Vertically and Horizontally
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
As I said there is no consistent shape to the area, not in width and not what its doing in any particular spot.  Its long and narrow but the width is based off of the ground width which isn't consistent.  Then as far as the real grading in the center it is all curvy shape.  Building a template for it wouldn't work.