Author Topic: Civil 3D | Band Style Profile3?  (Read 2229 times)

BlackBox

• King Gator
Civil 3D | Band Style Profile3?
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:04 AM »
I'm having a numpty moment, so forgive what I hope is a simple question....

I've been asked to create a new Band Style for a specific project's Profile Views... I've added the first component which calls out PGL elevation for Major, and Minor stations, and am having trouble with the second component which identifies the top of pipe.

More specifically, the Profile View is of our BL of construction's alignment, but the PGL shown is over our proposed utility (Superimposed Profile). After setting that up, I've manually drawn in a tertiary Profile within the Profile View(s) itself, which represents our Top of Pipe.

I thought the first component (PGL elevation) was correct, until setting up the second (Top of Pipe elevation)... The second is very close to the first, which now makes me think the first is actually pointing to the Profile at BL construction (which is turned off, not shown), and the second is actually pointing to the PGL over our proposed utility (very close, off by tenths, etc.).

In the Text label component setup for the target, there's only two primary options, Profile1* (BL of construction), and Profile2* (PGL over utility)... But I need to target a third Profile (Top of Pipe). I thought that Profile1* would be the first displayed, etc. but it is not.

... How do I have my Band Style label component target the third Profile added to my Profile View?  :?
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

BlackBox

• King Gator
Re: Civil 3D | Band Style Profile3?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
Yep - Numpty moment it was.  :roll:

Profile View Properties dialog, Bands tab, Add >>, specify tertiary Profile. Done.
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."