Author Topic: Routine called detail  (Read 5772 times)

Anonymous

Routine called detail
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:52:52 PM »
There are a couple of rotuines that allow you to draw a circle around an area and then place that same information in another location and all the lines etc are trimed outside circle allowing the user to create a detail. I am seeking one that does this:

1. Trims 100% of the time. The ones I have seen work only partially.
2. Uses a circle or a rectangle.

I am using 2000....any ideas

Thanks

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Routine called detail
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 03:46:12 PM »
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

TJAM51

Routine called detail
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 03:52:54 PM »
The routine is pretty cool but it does not trim all lines and plines. Is there anything else out there that trims just outside the boundry without affecting the entire drawing......

thanks

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Routine called detail
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 04:17:46 PM »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Dent Cermak

Routine called detail
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 04:28:15 PM »
tHAT'S THE ONE i POSTED. wORKS EVERYTIME FOR ME. 9Guess who just came straight in from ACAD. Dang cap lock!!)

TJAM51

Routine called detail
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »
The routine still does not trim 100%. I still have to go back and manually manipulate lines, plines etc.

Thanks

Dent Cermak

Routine called detail
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 12:49:20 PM »
You ain't holdin' your mouth right.

TJAM51

Routine called detail
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 01:06:10 PM »
I am seeking an answer and all I receive is some BS answer that amounts to nothing at all.

PDJ

Routine called detail
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 01:17:34 PM »
Whoa..  You just got TWO free routines from two VERY respected members of this site.  Then you got a humorous reply from one member.. How does that equate to "nothing at all"??

Maybe the answer is there IS no perfect routine that will trim 100% of what you want to trim.  Oh wait, there IS one that will.. But, I don't want to be labeled as a BS answer provider in your next flame.

Good luck.

Dent Cermak

Routine called detail
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 01:26:51 PM »
Let him write his own frigging routine. What I posted works fine on my setup. I have no idea what YOU do not have set up correctly on your computer. I can provide lisp routines but I do not do "readings".  we are here to "help", not "serve'.

TJAM51

Routine called detail
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 01:34:47 PM »
The only thing I am guilty of is not having the same sense of humor as the previous response. I do apreciate the routines offered, I never said I did not appreciate those......only made a comment on a statement that I could not distinquish as being humorous...there are no voice inflections attached to this forum. I have seen on other forums where members were sending "comments" to other very honest inquiries and those members making the comments were kicked off those forums because the intent as well as the statement were not intended as being humorous.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Routine called detail
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 02:24:34 PM »
TJAM51

Dent does have a weird sense of humor.

Perhaps it's something different about your drawing that the programmer
did not anticipate. I haven't looked at the routine to see, but could
you post a copy of the drawing in question here
and I or someone else will try to figure out what the problem is.
Make sure you include the circle at the area to be cut or perhaps the
failed results will be a good starting place to track down the error.
What version of AUTO CAD are you running?

CAB
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Routine called detail
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 02:26:18 PM »
TJAM51, don't take it personally, Dent only uses it to crop a single line....but that aside it sounds like a pretty good routine if you ask me.... There of course are some real problems with a routine of this nature, particularly if the circle contains blocks and/or groups.
If it does happen to get completed, I'll be very grateful to the authors....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

PDJ

Routine called detail
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 03:15:26 PM »
Quote from: TJAM51
I am seeking an answer and all I receive is some BS answer that amounts to nothing at all.

You made a comment that looked like it was aimed at the whole thread, that's why I responded the way I did..  This forum is both fun and educational.  If it got to be like the one you described, I'm sure a lot of good people would no longer stop in and offer advice.

Take the educational part and be happy with it.  If the humor part bothers you, maybe that other forum is more suited for you.

Dent Cermak

Routine called detail
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 07:06:26 PM »
When I use the routine it trims all lines, it asks if I want to import the blocks and text and several other queries.  If it is not doing this for everyone, then maybe you are not sucessfully copying the entire program. It is long and some of the lines may have gotten dropped.
All I know is when I use it, all lines crossing the destination circle get trimed, blocks are inserted as blocke unless I tell it not to do so. I'm not computer geeky enough to tell you why it's not doing that on your machine.

Craig

Routine called detail
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 08:29:28 PM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
I'm not computer geeky enough to tell you why it's not doing that on your machine.

Yeah, Dent's just geeky :lol:

hendie

Routine called detail
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 04:01:01 AM »
I had a play with the routine Dent posted.
I found that if I had a block partially placed within the first circle, it threw a wobbly when recreating the objects in the second circle. If there was no block in the first circle, it worked perfectly though.

Trev

Routine called detail
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 11:01:30 PM »
Of course an obvious next to perfect alternate solution would be to use a viewport, scaled to suit. Specific details notes placed on an alternate detail text layer freeze/thaw what do and do not want within your viewport.

As Keith stated it is very difficult to account for all possible secenario's when writing a program such as the 'detail' program.
You have to test every entity on the boundry if it can be trimmed then trim it, if it can not then do not trim but move to the next entity.

Plus on top of all that. That particular program (for memory) was written approx 10yrs ago. AutoCad has changed substantially in the mean time, with additions such as groups etc. and of course the author can not see into the future.

ps:No I had nothing to do with writing it, but I do remember using it many moons ago  :shock:  8)